Wednesday, May 21, 2008

East Coast, here I am...

Pics from today's adventures are up at: danvin.smugmug.com

And.. I'm off!

Today started early as I headed to SFO to catch my 7am flight to DC via Chicago. Pretty much slept all the way to Chicago. Thank goodness I have one of those donut pillow thingys for my neck, it came in super handy.

First food joint experienced on this trip, Potbelly Sandwich Works in Chicago.

I got the Turkey Breast sandwich, extra spicy :)

Check out my yelp review... here

Scarfed down my sandwich and jumped right back on the plane headed for DC.

My second meal... :)


I headed out of the terminal in DC and bam... I got a face full of rain. Not just rain, but it was one of those where the wind was blowing the rain it so hard it came in sideways. Yeah... wasn't prepared for that. Got on my bus and headed in for the city.

Man, I thought Cali traffic was bad... DC traffic is just equally bad, if not worst. We were stopped for a while.

Transfered from the bus to the Metro headed for the heart of the city. When I got out of the subway, I noticed... man, this city is clean... Walked a couple of block down to the hostel I was staying in and checked in. I wasted no time. I put my stuff down in my dorm room and ran back down to join a group of people going on a walking tour of Georgetown.

Georgetown is the quintessential yuppy town of America. Absolutely beautiful with antique colonial style homes lined up and down the street. The area is surrounded by the likes of Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic and the United Colors of Benetton. Made a quick trip through Georgetown University. Again, gorgeous architecture. The last stop of the night was a the "Exorcist" stairs - where they filmed the last bit of the movie where someone gets pushed down the stairs.

Dinner was had at the "Third Edition":

I had the Portabella Mushroom and Peppers sandwich.. it was eh...

Check out my yelp review... here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, it's kinda fun to follow your adventures on your blog. See you in a few days.

Sun May 25, 09:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home