Wednesday, May 28, 2008

East Coast Adventures: Day 7 & 8

Photos from the end of the trip are posted: here


Alas, all good things must come to an end. I had to run some errands before I could really start the day yesterday. I went to pick up some coffee/tea to take home. I stopped by a hand-made biscotti place, Bis.Co.Latte Hand Made Biscotti (yelp review: here).


Yummy biscotti, but my attempt at starting to drink coffee failed miserably. I absolutely did not feel good. Probably because I only a puny biscotti with the coffee.
My head was pounding and I felt really dizzy, but I trudged on. To the Metropolitan Museum of Art we went.
I started feeling so bad that I had to take a nap at the cafeteria to help me feel better. I also got some food in my stomach.


This was a pricey Rigatoni but man, it was exactly what I needed.

The Met is huge. Not The Louve huge but there are a lot of art work/historical pieces in this place. I wish I had more time and energy but after about 2 hour your brain just gets tired absorbing all this material.

Then we got some rush tix for Laurence Fishborne's one man show, Thurgood. We rushed down Broadway (not something I recommend during rush hour) to meet up with my friend Shawn for dinner. He took us to a really interesting restaurant called Kati Roll Company (yelp review: here).


Its like an Indian burrito. Nothing like Indian food wrapped up and ready to go. However, as you can tell from the pic, this is one greasy roll.

Shawn took us up to the top of one of the sky scrapers and got an amazing view of mid town Manhattan.

As for our show... Thurgood was a good change from all the musicals I've been watching. A one man show following the life of Justice Thurgood Marshall, had a ton of history that held the audience captive. Amazing to watch one man run the whole show for an hour and a half. Absolutely not a flashy show but one that stimulates your brain and exercises your American History.

I hate packing... it stinks even more when you know you have to wake up in 3 hours to begin your travels. I woke up at 4am this morning to be able to walk down to Penn Station to catch the train to Long Island. I get to the airport 3 hours ahead of my departure. So, what do I do? SLEEP! Mmmmm... I loved every second of it. I got on my flight and my journey home began. First stop, Chicago. I don't remember much of the flight as I slept most of the way. Onward, to Las Vegas. Again, I don't remember much of the flight but what was interesting was that during both of these flights, they passed out nabisco snacks! Not only that, you can take as much as you want. I wasn't sure if it was just a long flight thing, but we didn't have that on the short west coast flights. I haven't been to Vegas in over 12 years. And haven't been since I turned 21. So, I really wanted to try the slots in the airport.

I found my slot of choice and sat down. These slot machines are so flashy. All the lights that really don't mean anything but make the machines sparkle. I set a limit. Not spending more than $5. I put in my $5 bill. Pushed the buttons... the machine spins, lost. Spin again, lost. Spin again, win... woohoo.. $1. Spin again.... 7... 7... 7... I had no idea what was happening but the bell kept ringing and my total winnings rose quickly. Before you know it I was at $65! Woah... I won a big jackpot! CRAZY! Should I stop? I mean, maybe I can win again... ok... new limit $50... My money dwindled down toward $50... ding ding ding... there it goes again! This time though, I win up to $75. OK.... I need to stop when it hits $60. I win a little here and there and I went down to $60. I cash out and get a look at my winnings. Wow... $60 from putting in $5... pretty good eh?

I got back to San Jose around 5pm and I must admit, its pretty nice to come back to normalcy. Well, the end has come on this trip... but I've already started thinking about the next. I will be going to Mexico on a missions trip in a month, so I have that to look forward to. Back I go, back to the daily grind. Till next time...

3 Comments:

Blogger e* said...

It was fun reading your travel blog and most def looking at the pictures. :) You should do this more often!

And what coinkydink, you happen to be from Marshall College too (assuming I got that right this time :P)!

Still can't get over how lucky you've been throughout this whole trip...blessing upon blessing!

Great pics from the skyscraper. :D And of the slots. o_O WOW. That's all I can say...

Thu May 29, 12:03:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!

Thu May 29, 09:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

that Thurgood show sounds amazing. where does it show?

Wed Jun 11, 03:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home